It’s been a whole year since VulnHub went public. To celebrate our first birthday, we are giving away freebies! But before we get to that, here’s a quick rundown of what has been happening and where we plan to be this time next year:
Over the last 365 days, we have:
- Ran our first competition.
- The backend server has had a complete make over.
- We now have a professional logo.
In the following year we hope to:
- Improve the website layout.
- Run more competitions.
- Expand fields (not just stand alone VMs), to include vulnerable code and maybe even forensics challenges.
- Add as many entries as possible!
This is a project that we do in our free time (which is why development has been slow). If you would like to donate some of your time, we certainly can put it to use. Please just get in touch.
Not only has our IRC channel stayed active, its also grown in size. This time last year, it had 15-20 users (as technically IRC channel was created in September) and now it’s at the 55-65 mark. We would like to thank everyone who has popped in to say a hello and to everyone who idles in the channel. We would especially like to thank the members who are regularly discussing topics in the channel and helping out answering questions. Cheers guys, it really does means a lot to us.
We would have liked to share some geeky stats about which VM was the most popular in 2013, however during the server migration the only thing which was lost was the stats. We’ll have it for next year!
Now, onto the freebies! Using our new logo, we had a few different stickers designs created, as well as t-shirts. We are giving away the stickers, and allowing people to win the t-shirts later in the year. You can claim your free stickers by using this web link, which will be valid until our stocks run out.
The VulnHub Team
- They will be sent out standard mail (so no tracking numbers) over the next week or so.
- All we ask from you is your name & address to send to.
- After posting, the only information that we will keep, is how many people are from what county. The rest of the information will be destroyed (name, rest of the address, IP address & ‘source’). Edit: Results can be found at the following page ‘Sticker Statistics’.
- We (VulnHub) will never sell or give away any of your information at any stage.